This Just Really Happened

Okay. So to preface the letter I was sent, that I am about to post, I shall explain:

About one week ago I posted a personals ad on Craigslist. It was under the "Strictly Platonic" section, and it called for someone who, similar to me, stayed up at ungodly hours and was willing to help me when I go stenciling at night. Basically a mischief buddy!

In case you were wondering this was prompted by Brian doing something similar, in which he had invited newcomers to go funky basement raving with him in order to flavor some fucked up shitty filthy DUB beats. He was met with success! If you bother to ask him.

Anyways.

I kinda forgot about the add but I received this message tonight.


"Please find a legitimate outlet for your art and your energy.

Defacing public and private property isn't creative.

How about trying to find people that want creative stuff done in their yards and houses? Maybe art on an a driveway, or as an accent wall? Much more interesting than a painting that matches the couch.

Is it possible that you could use your energy and talent for a purpose that benefits yourself and society?
"

Normally I would be like, "Pff!", Or maybe even "Heh" *smirk*- but I'm actually pissed.

I KNOW she's full of shit. Obviously. But there's actually a lot of points she's full of shit on aside from my knee-jerk reaction of Bitch-you-just-don't-understand. The more I think about it the more I can see legitimately how narrow her brain is squeezed into her head, and how lofty her sense of entitlement is.

Should I write her back? Should I Twinkie House? Perhaps you may even have a sentiment of your own that I could share with her, FOR YOU?

(yes)

Comments

Bryan said…
What
Bryan said…
Honestly it's just her opinion. She probably feels the same way about you that you do about her. It's just a matter of perspective. Rather than just "taking someone to task" for having an opinion, you should either ignore her or try to change her perspective positively.
Matt said…
i say twinkie house the bitch, HARD. but thats just me, and cause it pissed me off too.
Travis said…
It's starting to blow over in my head, but it's still kinda funny I got this e-mail though.

Popular Posts