Bank Shot



I originally posted this on my blog as a sort of social experiment to see what people's reaction would be, and how OTHER people's reaction might or might not affect what they wrote. But then I realized that it sort of just made me look like a creep as though I endorse it, which I don't really. If you know me, you know I'm not exactly fond of the cats that I've had as pets, mostly because they all seem to be dysfunctional, totally broken, or idiots. The only cool cat I ever had got run over by a car a few weeks after I got it. Every cat since then has either set itself on fire, ran away, slept in its own shit and ate its own vomit, or hid under a desk and died of liver failure randomly. EVERY CAT. Granted, I think all of these cats were or are rescue cats which may explain why they all have these problems. Trust me, we don't feed our cats kicks, punches and screaming, cats are pretty much THE low maintenance animal. I shouldn't even have to explain this but the above makes my house seem like a cat meat grinder.

The reason I bring this up is because as a person who has had a lot of cats who have died for reasons that were entirely out of mine or my family's control, I am somewhat hardened to ill befalling this particular animal. And yet even I look at that video and cringe somewhat. So sue me, I know I'm meandering to the real point but I have to cover my ass to not look like a psychopath, but here's the real point: I don't even understand what I'm looking at, on a psychological level. This guy basically punts a tiny cat into the side of a tenement building, and not only is there not horror, but the two are sharing a laugh like it's a hilarious thing that just happened. I get that this is sort of a pointless thing to ponder over, but I didn't get angry when I saw this, but rather weirded out in a way. Instead of thinking, "what monsters!" I just thought, "what just happened?"

Anyway, it's a nothing clip of ill consequence that will probably just piss people off but it got me thinking today so I guess I had to ramble about it. This is what happens when no one else writes on the site!

Comments

Travis said…
Yeah it makes me kind of unhappy to see that.

1) the kind of insecurities it takes to do that to an animal really bothers me the most. I've fucked with animals, I've harassed them, but I haven't needed to something so violent since I was a child. And I never thought it was funny. What people do to retain their sense of power is so disgusting to me. I keep thinking of a lot of ways I want to say this, but I guess my issue is I really hate it when a person does a "chicken shit" thing. Men have displayed this my whole life and it never really clicked with me.

2) it bothers me they could have kicked the cat so hard it would have broken all of it's ribs, and then it would have died that way.
Anonymous said…
That's why I hate black people.
Bryan said…
I'm going to assume for comedic purposes that the above is Lucio.
Anonymous said…
Let's hope for comedic purposes it was Lucio but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

Anyways, I was completely shocked by this but a bit of it subsided when I saw that the cat wasn't dead. It's just so fucked up to do that to a harmless and defenseless animal.

WTF
Bryan said…
I'm not gonna lie, after seeing it for the 400th time, it is kind of amusing.
Brian said…
I laughed the first time I saw it, kinda of in a shocked-half laugh kind of way, cause, well, damn, that cat flew pretty far and banked off the side of a wall, I'd laugh at pretty much anything that got launched that hard.

But yeah it's pretty sad cause there's no doubt the cat is probably hurt badly.
UCDBrizzle said…
i thought it was fake...
Travis said…
You're all retarded.
Bryan said…
To re-stimulate this discussion, I'm going to punt my cat into an airplane engine.
Travis said…
Make that an entire post please
Bryan said…
Nevermind, I hit it off with Kendall, so now I can't murder my cat, sorry
Travis said…
Wow that's bullshit and I hate you. Tell me what else about you that she now owns.

(don't say penis because that's mine)
Travis said…
PS kill your cat
Bryan said…
You know how things go, one minute you're plotting your cat's death, the next, you aren't. It's a crazy world

Popular Posts