So...we're in a book.

Ok, I think only a few people know about this...but basically I was contacted a long time ago, maybe a year+, by someone who said they were making a book. Back in the day I used to write on Livejournal and this how they found my blog. Here is the original message:

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
I emailed the guy wondering what all of this was about and they explained the premise of the book. It's titled: We Feel Fine: An Almanac of Human Emotion. What they did was search through blogs for the words "I feel..." and they took the line and a picture from the blog. This guy found mine and asked if they could use it. The book is supposed to be released December 1st but they need to have a release signature from everyone in the photo...which is most of you boys. If you guys don't want this photo to go through then now is the time to tell me cause I have to email them back. I can't believe they picked THIS photo...but it was the one in my blog.

Here is my original blog:


Current mood: apathetic
Uhhh. Graduation. What to say, what to feel, how to act. Most people are asking me if I feel excited or scared or someother stupid emotion. But I don't feel much of anything, it does not feel any different then two weeks ago, or two months ago. High school is a big chunk of dumbness. Yeah, dumbness. I have a few memories that I can really recall and not any from this Senior Year. For me the last few months have just been an obligation, something I had to do. Last year was such a contrast than any other year and it was weird to go back to it. Avoiding the Bleachers was hard. Each time at break I almost expected to look and see it filled with the guys but they were never there. And it was really tough the first few months.

But I got over it cause i'm a pirate. I just stole some stuff and laughed at the pitiful citzens. But in all seriousness this year went by quickly, I was busy with work and hating people in Judo. Graduation was boring to say the least. Lots of annoying douchebags who kept bumping into me. The speeches were pretty crappy and I spaced out most of the time. Afterwards when I was trying to find Long I saw some girl's crying and I wanted to laugh. I was feeling nonchalant about the whole setting, pretty opposite. I went through the transition of loss last year (or maybe the beginning of this year.) The experience of losing a sense of innocence, friendship and security. I think thats been gone for some time.

So its over and done. College will be the next step and some sad attempt at leaving home. I have high expectations for this summer, I fear this may be the "final" year (to be dramatic.) Only one or two people will really be leaving but it'll be different, especially with Lucio going to some Santa Cruz JC. ENOUGHOFTHISNOW!

Here's to more moments like this:Yeah...It's hilarious. I can't believe this actually went through because I didn't email them back for a long time and assumed that my photo/line wouldn't be in the book but it is. Now it's up to you guys because...actually, I'm not even in the photo!! I think I took it...lol They emailed me the actual page of the book and it makes it look WAY LESS gay. If you guys want this to go through I will need either a signed subject release or I can give them your email adresses and they will send you an email version. Also, you can send in a headshot, your name and hometown for credits in the book. Andrew and I thought this would be funny cause we could send in some silly photos....

Here is what the page will look like in the book:

It's pretty cool...but really crazy at the same time. So...Andrew, Matt, Lucio, Brian, Trav....and uhm, BJ's head...how do you feel about this?

Comments

matt said…
HAHA!!!!i cant fucking believe they picked the one of me butt fucking Lucio!!! thats beyond hilarious, im down, where do i sign.
Bryan said…
LOL.
Brian said…
Fine with me.

bjroper@ucdavis.edu
Travis said…
lets do it
Alyssa said…
They should be emailing everyone...I did that instead, should be easier..

Popular Posts