John McPayne

Before I say anything, I just want to post this pic of Bruce Willis in Die Hard. No reason.



It remains to be seen whether the soul of the original series will be retained, but the latest article out of Game Informer certainly paints a pretty picture. I'm conflicted on this; as you may or may not know, Max Payne 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. And I can't lie, the Man On Fire-esque setting of the third game certainly appeals to me. It seems like they have the visual presentation nailed. And they have the same team that put Grand Theft Auto IV together making this one, supposedly. On the other hand, the man responsible for the greatness of The Fall of Max Payne, Sam Lake, has absolutely no involvement. And as much as they seem earnest to maintain the noir grit of the originals, I feel like they could not possibly capture the twisted dynamic of the characters that the original author was able to. Either Mona will be dead (which is not the true ending) or they will fuck up her involvement. That's my fear, because his relationship with her is principally what makes him interesting as a character and not just a burnt out ex-cop with a shitty life. She brought a level of emotional dysfunction to him that you really don't see in characters too much in video games. I just don't see them capturing that, but the story is something that they have a major lockdown on, information wise. So one can dream.

On the positive side, they have stated (in as much as one company can talk about another's product) that the movie was shit. I couldn't agree more.













Max Payne 360 Download
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne 360 Download

Comments

UCDBrizzle said…
he looks like zakahiv from COD4
Travis said…
that is the body of Bruce Willis' Die Hard character for sure.

So it's being penned by Rockstar, expect to get something very different because of this. I honestly think this game looks GOOD (in the polished sense),but I'm not interested in the aesthetics at all. I see no noir here.

This will just be gunfighting with a modern set of terrorist/syndicated enemies and blah blah blah poor urban landscape.

I was attracted to the harsh noir lighting and comic book dramatics of the last two games.

I'll watch you play this one though!
matt said…
can i borrow the first two so i can play em? along with the kotor games?
Bryan said…
I think Dalder has both. You can get both Max Payne games on Live Marketplace.

Popular Posts