My View

I feel like it might be useful for me to post, even though I never really got caught up in this situation in the first place. I think it would be good for some outside perspective; mostly, I just want to express my input as a member of the group.

I’ve never had a problem with Matt. That might be because I never got caught up in any group drama. Regardless, I always admired Matt’s determination and clearness as an individual. You got what you saw. Most importantly though, you could have fun with him. Don’t deny that we didn’t have fun with him. He was our (still my) friend. Even if he and I don’t know each other very well.

I guess I’m sort of pleading with you all (including Matt) with that thought in mind. We used to all have fun together. What happened to that? I’ve heard about this situation all second-hand (from various people). I know I won’t or can’t understand this emotionally. So, hear me from a logical standpoint: this is all incredibly stupid. True, I don’t know all the details, I can’t feel all the hurt and feelings that has brought us to this point, but I can say this. You guys are the best friends I’m ever gonna have. I’ve been to college, the workplace, clubs, teams, all kinds of people of all walks of life. You guys are infinitely more fun than any other people I’ve hung out with (I’ll include Bryan Kim and Moose too). I can truly be myself in front of you. And it’s truly sad that I haven’t been hanging out with you guys more (as a group or individually). And it’s even more sad that this situation is still somewhat of an issue.

I feel like we could all forgive and forget. Seriously, and I’m not being naïve about this. If I can hug my dad after everything he’s put my family through, we can definitely come together again. Relationships, friendships, whatever, have survived through a lot more.

Matt, I hope you reconsider before completely writing us off. As for everyone else, like I said, I think we can be a group again. Olivia doesn’t have to be a part of the “group,” but I think we can respect the fact that Matt loves her. Personally, I never had much of a problem with Olivia. I always found something to talk about with her, but that might be just me.

And BJ, if you do kill me, make sure it’s quick and painless :P In all seriousness though, it was never a habit. There are much more important things in my life.

Comments

Bryan said…
I just fear for you. I don't want to end up weeping like some grandmother, to quote Brando.

Popular Posts