From Doug

Matt, it seems that you missed the main idea of Lucio's many words, so let me boil it down: the Bleacher Boys are essentially all or nothing; You can either take us all as we are or (n)one of us. It's a simple principle based on a simple premise. To pick and choose from amongst us, would be to fracture us. And that is something I can not let happen.

You've divided us into those you still trust and those you no longer trust; and the only criteria for that is whether we are "with" you or "with" Alyssa. If that is the case, you can no longer trust me; and that is partly your doing.

Way back when, I fooled myself into thinking I was doing some good by acting as a go between. Little did I know that you had already discounted my efforts. Your text to Alyssa goes beyond being either a dick or an ass. You may have only wanted to drive her away, but your actions meant much more. It wasn't some spur of the moment anger or face to face friction, but calculated detachment. I was confused and disappointed, but accepted your decision nonetheless.

Just as you made the choice to split off, you can choose the opposite.

-Doug

Comments

Anonymous said…
First off I realize I have no standing when it comes to calling any of you "friends" but I think this business is just rotten.

MAtt there is nothing wrong with being friends with whom you choose and its important that you do pick out and seperate out those you trust and those you don't. I took me a long time in life to learn that lesson.

Doug, I've always thought that you were the smartest of the lot and that you'd respect people's wishes.

Dante, I read your philosophy blog and thats some fine writing,it must have taken alot of self reflection to turn out a piece of work like that. With your skills if you're ever interested I have a friend who is being published and he has a writing studio maybe I can look into that for you.

PS: reading how this unfolds is like watching a high school drama, brings back memories.

~Wong

heh i can't post anymore.
Bryan said…
You should be able to post, You are still activated as a writer, unless someone other than me removed you, which is impossible.

This is a good way to ensure that these talks end completely. I like you Doug but all or nothing mentality is childish, and my friendship with Matt proves it wrong. If you are disillusioned with Matt's actions and don't want anything to do with him, that's your right; but by extension (since you are part of the group) you are essentially saying that no one can or should be.

I really hope no one is patting each other on the back about this unless your intent wasn't to fix things with Matt, because any chance of that happening is even slimmer than it was before. Like I said, it's fine to personally want to maintain your difference, but your influence with words has essentially become a bombing attack on any kind of discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt said fuck off to everyone after reading this. So thanks, that was a lot of work on my part for nothing.
Travis said…
You guys, my friends, relax. It's not that big a deal. I think it's best to just let Matt do his thing. He's fine with his own business now and we can leave him be.

I guess, personally, I think it's better Doug got to do what we've all done and post his feelings along next to the rest of us, instead of calculating our moves around Matt in a concern to what makes him happier or angrier or whatever.

Wong it's good to hear from yo after so long, even if you don't agree with what's going on. It's okay I don't think anybody does...

Popular Posts