Event: Jim Norton

I've decided to arrange a little information for anyone who is interested in seeing this show. For those unfamiliar, Jim Norton is a standup comic and one of the hosts of Opie and Anthony. His style of humor is best described as "cringe."

I honestly think this will be a good time for everyone, so even if you're not familiar with him I think you should go. The date is February 16th, 2008, and it's a Saturday.

Buy Ticket(s) Here

A couple of bulletpoints:

- The show is at Cobb's Comedy Club in SF. Due to early showtime, we could probably get away with riding BART there and back, but myself and Travis got stuck in SF because of that before so we should discuss it.

- The show starts at 8:00PM. The doors open at 6:45PM. This means that if we want to get good seats we should get there early, I'm thinking between 6:15 and 6:30. The shows (according to the website) average about two hours long, so we'll get out around 10ish.

- The dress code is "casual"; I'm pretty sure this means they don't really care what you wear but play it safe and wear something halfway presentable in case I'm wrong.

- The required age to get in is 18. Don't think that's going to be a problem with anyone.

- There is a two drink minimum. This doesn't mean you have to get booze, although Travis and I will probably get something because we'll be flaunting our 21ness. So be prepared to spend money once inside. They also serve dinner, which may be the best option for us, but it's your call. I would bring at least twenty bucks between BART fare (if we use BART), the drinks and the food. I'll personally be bringing about a hundred so I can cover a few people in a pinch.

- If you're going, buy tickets as soon as possible. The sooner the better, I don't know how fast he sells out. Be sure you're buying for the right date and time: February 16th, 2008 at 8:00 PM. My link directs to that one, but double checking never hurts.



We can discuss this over Facebook or this site but I personally would like to get this all discussed while we're visiting Lucio this weekend. Again, even if you aren't familiar with Norton I'm positive this is going to be a good time, so if you can spare the cash and the Saturday, please come. The more the merrier.

You can hear Jimmy on The Opie and Anthony Show on 1550 AM between 1PM-4PM, weekdays.
Adam Carolla is also on between 6AM-10AM.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm down.

I'm surprised it's such a formal event with a dinner and a two drink minumum and all that, but that may also depend on where you sit. There's probably seats in the back and tables in the front. It sounds too nice for someone as disgusting as Norton.

Also I had fun getting stuck in SF, poo on you!
Bryan said…
James T. Norton is a classy man, you.

And I'm not sure of the setup, but everything I read was right off the Cobb's website. There's a two drink minimum for everyone who goes in, as far as I know. It's safer I think to assume you'll be spendin'.

Popular Posts