It's A Red Letter Day

Today has got to be one of the best days ever. It's Friday, foremost, that's always great. But on top of that, I read this gem.

However, when fans began to boo her indecipherable lyrics, which were punctuated throughout the night with fits of tears, Winehouse lashed out at the paying masses, threatening them with retaliation from her locked-up hubby and calling them "muggy c--ts" for buying tickets to the show in the first place.

Anyone who has the balls to call a stadium full of people cunts and threaten to have her husband kick every single one of their asses after he gets out of jail has my heart. The Onion couldn't have come up with better.

Also: Barry Bonds has been indicted! Karma is a bitch, ain't it? Now, in principle I would normally take the side of baseball players on this one: yes, it's cheating which is fucking lame, but it's baseball, not Congress. But the fact that their salaries are in the multi-millions nullifies that. If you weren't living in a palacial fucking estate, I would just be annoyed by you. But rich + asshole + windbag = fail. I hope you and your treetrunk neck rot for cheating at a silly game. He doesn't even look like Barry Bonds anymore. My theory is that he's another one of the bugs like the one in Men in Black, and he simply stumbled across Bonds in 1984, killed him and has been wearing his skin for more than a decade now. His smug attitude simply overpowers the stench of the decaying flesh.

One more thing: Wookiepedia nominated one of my favorite KOTOR quotes for Quote of the Day:

Jolee: "Look, everybody always figures the time they live in is the most epic, most important age to end all ages. But tyrants and heroes rise and fall, and historians sort out the pieces."
Revan: "Are you saying what we're doing isn't important?"
Jolee: "Malak is a tyrant who should be stopped. If he conquers the galaxy, we're in for a couple of rough centuries. Eventually it'll come around again, but I'd rather not wait that long. So we do what we have to do and we try to stop the Sith. But don't start thinking this war,
your war, is more important than any other war just because you're in it."

And Mass Effect AND Assassin's Creed arrive in four days! I'm so happy I might just post my rant about cats that I gave to Travis later on.

Comments

Travis said…
Oh Uncle Ben, what DON'T you know? Yeah I'm not TOO excited for Assassins Creed, but I definetely want to play it. Mostly the Orange Box has been rocking my face and Mass Effect is coming out.

Oh and do the cat rant. That shit is so funny. But the thing that made it funny in real life is how much you cared, so you need to convey that somehow. You need to make every obnoxious cat lover put their foot in their mouth.
Bryan said…
I'd rather every cat lover put a gun in their mouth.
Travis said…
That'd kill a lot of people...

Doesn't your mother like cats a bunch, seeing has how she own them? Or is that your sister you're trying to kill there?
Bryan said…
They like our cats but neither of them is insane enough to think they're intelligent.

Popular Posts