Read and Respond Please!

Hey buccaneers.

Been a while since I've had anything substantial worth writing about, but there've been some minor developments that may or may not interest some of you fine people.

The first is that I'm starting to get back into the swing of being more productive. I'm playing music more, and have, in fact, started writing what I hope will turn into Italian Girl With Jasmine In Her Hair. With some good, consistent work, I may even be able to finish it by the time I head to L.A. and record it with Drew. Oh, and if there are any songs that any of you might get a kick out of us covering, let me know and we'll do an amateur recording for fun. We'll have two guitars and a bass at our disposal, so apologies if there's a song you like that's heavily drum oriented. I bring this up only because I know some of you enjoyed The Spot's recording of the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers theme.

Secondly, I've also been trying to write more. Andrew and I are collaborating on an untitled project together, and hopefully that'll be underway soon. We're planning to make it short, so if anyone's interested in reading it, let us know and maybe we'll keep people updated on it similar to how we used to read Andrew and Matt's other works.

I've also been thinking up a couple of other ideas, and this is where you come in.

As it stands, there are three, maybe four, projects I have in my head right now: the collaboration with Andrew, a short story I've had in the works for a while now, collaborating with Travis for Happy Pills, and possibly the makings of a short, full-length film.

It goes without saying that since I'm collaborating with Andrew, that story takes priority because it's something he's excited about doing too. As for the other things, that depends on what people feel like doing.

Travis and I will most definitely be putting together material for Happy Pills, but the idea of a full-length film occurred to us when Travis expressed his interest in filming around Alameda, since, cinematically, it has some very nice areas that we've never even taken advantage of. I thought up an idea that would utilize that sort of cinematic style, and the idea was born.

It's tentative at best, but the idea for the full-length film we have now, is more cinematic than silly, and while we could certainly add funny moments, it wouldn't be our usual brand of off the wall humor. It would be a more somber piece, to say the least, but Travis and I liked the idea of it when we were discussing it.

The question I pose, then, is this:

Is anyone interested in the idea of a full-length film that would be more experimental than routine, since it enters into another genre of film that we all love, but have little experience in filming? Furthermore, would you lovely people be willing to, if not fully commit, devote some time when you have it to filming?

If people are generally interested, I'll focus more on this project than, say, my own short story, and post more information concerning what Travis and I have already brainstormed.

However, if people aren't interested, or think they won't be able to commit to this sort of project, I'll focus on my own stuff and general Happy Pill hijinks for now.

Keep in mind, if we explore the possibility of a full-length film, we wouldn't need utter devotion right away. Travis and I agree that this sort of project would be best scripted and mapped out first, so, conceivably, he and I could work on it with all the extra free time the two of us have right now, and we could be ready to film in the summer.

Anyway, just putting it out there.

Lastly, I hate to sound like a jerk, but I'm curious to know what I should do concerning the money for the external hard drive I bought? Is there one person who will be collecting all the money, or should I take it upon myself to divide the cost from the people who were willing to reimburse me and collect from each of you individually? Please let me know about this ASAP, since I will be heading to L.A. soon, and because I generally like to keep track of my financial situation. Again, sorry if I sound like a jerk.

I think that's about it for now.

Later mateys.

-Black Jack Kidd

P.S. Small update at the other site to anyone who wants to read about my little experience last week.

Comments

Popular Posts