WoW - Cooldown

Like I mentioned before, I don't know why you guys are freaked out that this game will eat my soul. I haven't even really played it in the past 2-3 days. To be honest, I've spent the last few either being with my girlfriend, playing Indigo Prophecy and Max Payne 2 (WAY prettier on PC), and writing chapter 16 of Assassins. Which none of you are reading, by the way. Bastards.

World of WarCraft is a fun game - when you're playing with friends. When you aren't. the game is just large. Imagine WoW as a really huge parking lot. Now, if that parking lot is full of your buddies, then the chances that you'll have a fun time hanging out are pretty high. Now imagine it's just you and the parking lot. Not exactly riveting. I'm not a perfection freak so while I enjoy making my characters more powerful, it's not a masturbatory exercise that I force myself into. I recently joined Justin's (Danielle's boyfriend) group, and while I have yet to actually foray into some actual action with him and his buddies, I'll probably be heading that way soon. Dalder will soon have little time for it and Eric usually prioritizes us out of action, and we see him in two and three hour bursts. Then someone in his clan will want him for a raid and it's goodbye for at least an hour, usually. That's fucking irritating to me, and while I acknowledge that he does have responsibilities in his guild, I also acknowledge that walking in a field with me, myself, and I is about as joyous as falling down an escalator. If things don't pan out with Justin, I can't honestly see a lasting life for this game for me.

That being said, I definitely recommend at least giving it a shot. As a group, I'm absolutely positive that we'd all have a blast. I know that there are a lot of stigmas surrounding this game, but trust me when I say this is an 'obession' that's quite, quite easy to control. And you get the first month free, so that's cool. Rather than heading for preconceived notions, I urge you with the capable computers to give it at least one good shot before you actually make a judgement about it. Like Hootie and the Blowfish, you might be surprised. Or you might hate it more.

Give me a heads up if you actually do want to try it, because I want to game with you.

Comments

Popular Posts