Row, Row, Row Ye Boat

Yar. This is gonna be a short one, methinks.

Firstly, watch this. Dante, you saw it (I got it from AnRe), and you'd probably agree its definitely one giant WTF moment.

The rest of this entry is to give you guys some dates for my crew races (the ones that will be in Sacramento or somewhere relatively nearby).

Sunday, March 5th @ Sacramento port (DIRT invite)
Saturday, March 11th @ Sacramento port (UCSD duel)
Saturday, April 8th @ Sacramento port (CSUS duel)
Friday - Saturday, April 29th - 30th @ Lake Natoma (WIRAs)
Saturday, May 13th @ Lake Natoma (Pacific Coast Rowing Championships)

For the time I've been doing this I've been kinda questioning whether to stick with it or not. Eight practices a week of physical exhaustion and pressure wears on you (not to mention school and other crapola on top of it). But today (my day off) I reflected on it a bit and came to a definite conclusion that's it not only worth it, but in its own sick way, fun as hell.

You get used to it, in a sense. You get used to erging (rowing machine) until everything hurts, or your coach yelling at you via megaphone that your stroke isn't right, or running stairs, or doing a half hour of body circuits, or getting up at ungodly hours. None of that is really fun (in its classical definition) but come down to racing, I can tell it's all going to be worth it.

Hopefully you guys will see what I mean. Once we're all synchronized, it'll be one movement, one muscle of pure testerone, something reminiscent of Vikings or...pirates?


Anyways, it'd be cool if you guys came up and saw some races. You're welcome to stay at my place if you don't feel like driving back the same day. It'd be a better change of pace from the usual Davis weekends, at least for me.

Some other pics:

EDIT: I'm having some trouble with the font. What's the normal font?

Comments

Popular Posts