Music For You

Greetings kids. Just wanted to share a few things. Firstly:

Pandora.

If you are any kind of music fan I'm sure you'll appreciate this immensely. It basically exposes you to more music that suites you tastes; enter an artist or song and the site will pull up a song by an artist that is similar to the artist or song you entered (the site actually goes into detail about how they found such and such song to be similar to what you entered...i.e. vocals, instruments, pace, beat, etc). What's more, you can actually listen to the songs in their entirety; the site provides streaming music for you to listen to (at no cost at all).

I'm finding myself just opening this site and entering an artist rather than booting up winamp or the like. While you don't get to actually download music, it's comparable to radio, except customizable just for you. And, if you do happen to find a song that you like, you can tell the site to save it so that the next time you log on you can listen to it again. And, of course, this is a very handy tool to broaden your musical horizons.

So yes, I definitely recommend checking it out. I'm actually quite amazed that such a thing like this can be done; there literally has to be thousands and thousands of songs uploaded onto the site's server and classified so that they may be compared to other songs; that must be a lot of manpower in terms of upkeep (FYI, the project itself is stationed in Oakland, and I think they are actively hiring).

Secondly, I'm going to be completely serious when I say this, but you guys MUST watch R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet. It is, in two words, fucking hilarious. It's basically a music video (kind of) about cheating in relationships. I say kind of because R. Kelly sounds like he's rapping as he goes (the lyrics are that terrible/corny); also because the rap itself narrates a soap opera-ish story that is strangely interesting to watch. It's long too; I'd say about a half hour (so far; the video is divided into chapters and is still going). You can find it on Limewire or some other P2P program.

I think that's it. I'm coming back next Sunday for a dental appointment, so lets hang out. Travis, you better be ready, cause I'm gonna SMASH your pirate fleet. Speaking of Pirates, you guys need to get in on this game. Dante, if you need something to spend your money on, try this game out. Here's some info.

Comments

Popular Posts