Sin City

This...this movie. I don't even know where to start with this movie. You know what I felt like doing after watching it? Watching it again. What's more, I want it on DVD. Yeah, that's right. I want it LEGIT.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE. NOW.

OK, maybe I should talk about it. When I saw the previews for this movie, I knew immediately it was going to be good. When's the last time a movie preview has ever done that to you? Psh. Never, that's what.

I guess the first thing that'll grab you about this movie is the color. Yes. It's mostly black and white. Well. I wouldn't really call it that. The whole thing was shot on a blue screen, so I'm not really sure what to call it. Then, here and there there are instances of sharp color. I'm not sure what that's all about, there might be some kind of symbolism to it (none I could find though), but anyways, the way they do it is damn cool.

Overall, this movie portays the world of Sin City very well. Nothing is sacred in this constantly dark town (except maybe one ore two things if you really want to get into it)...I won't spoil anything, but just leave it that. Most of the men are hoodlums, corrupt cops, psychos, mafiosos...with exceptions to the main characters, who are no saints either but at least hold some form of justice. All the women are hookers...wait, let me think about that...yeah, all the women in this movie are hookers or pole dancers. Ha. But don't think they're helpless. There's a gang of them actually, who have their own territroy to claim. Sure they get slapped around a bit...but that doesn't come with a price.

The story is Pulp Fiction-esq; Tarantino guest-directed, so I guess that's no surprise. Three stories that sort of intertwine. Does it work? No doubt. And all of them are as unpredictable and shocking as those in Pulp Fiction.

O yeah, this movie is rated R. I mean, REALLY rated R. Limbs are hacked, eaten, stolen... castrations abound (there must of been like...four of them)...lots of boobies for the guys...which I guess makes this more of a "guy" movie than a "girl" one, but that gives you no excuse ladies. Just cover your eyes when Elijah Wood goes to town...O god, Elijah Wood...who would of thought Frodo could be so damned creepy? As for blood...blood is rarely red in this movie, so I guess the gore isn't to shocking. Point is, you DO NOT want to live in a place like Sin City.

I guess that's it. Watch this movie. Your coolnes factor depends on it.


EDIT FROM DANTE:
Can you figure out what's wrong with this picture?

Comments

Popular Posts