Catch You On The Flip Side

There's been a whole lot of flipping going on lately. Today I taught myself how to flip my phone and toss it up at the same time, so when I get a phone call I can whip it out with douche-bag like style. I also happened to do a complete flip over my bike tonight on the way to some frat. Purely by accident of course, but it might as well have not been because it was so fucking cool. Magically, I wasn't hurt at all; I hit a curb when I wasn't looking and went head first over the handlebars, and, by pure instinct, did the smoothest somersault when I hit the pavement. It all happened so fast I didn't even know what happened until I was sitting on the ground with my bike crashed behind me.

Life has been doing flips on me if you haven't already guessed. It used to be that I could get by without the prospect of being in a relationship; now, the only way I see out of the rut I've been in is to find someone else. I've beginning to see flips in my personality in that regard as a result. In an effort to forget about the girl next door (who's probably having sex with her new boyfriend now--a good enough reason to STAY AWAY FROM DORM DATING), I've been pretty much chasing this girl I met at a crew party. So far, she's blown me off from hanging out (though I probably came on too strong and, after all, I'm pretty much a stranger to her), but through chatting online it seems like she's interested. If all goes well I'll finally get to hang out with her tomorrow night.

For the record, I'm still a virgin. Which makes me feel even more of an outsider here. Remember that song that went "Everyone else has had more sex than me..." Yeah. That echoes around here constantly. It makes me hate being a late bloomer, even moreso by the fact that I've turned down opportunities that other guys would of taken in a heartbeat. What's wrong with me anyways? She told me, and I quote "We are going to have amazing sex." Am I not cut out for that sort of thing? Goddamit. I know I'm ready too.

My mind has been doing flips as a result. Sometimes I simply cannot sleep at night because I think about how things went. If I played my cards right, I could have been happy. Or, at least, changed for the better. It's a whole other world that closed by my choice.

Bah. I'm getting arthritis pains in my hands again. It's all that damn anxiousness coming to collect.

Comments

Popular Posts