Casting Call

As you may or may not know, The Watchmen film is slated for a release sometime this year, although it's still in preproduction. Of course this begs the question: who casts the Watchmen?

To start it off I think Rorschach could be played very well by Kevin Spacey or William H. Macy. I mean, c'mon. We're talking Seven here. It ain't a stretch for Spacey. And Macy is a great character actor.


For Doctor Manhattan, I'm going to go with a gamble and say Vin Diesel. I know he's done dumb films before, but I also realize that not only does he fit the body type, but that he can actually act. Those of you who have played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (no one here) would know what I'm talking about. And he wrote the script.


For the Comedian, I originally thought of Mel Gibson, but word is he toned down the movie Payback. And he's like, really Christian now. My fallback choice, therefore, went to Clive Owen. Also has had his share of questionable films, but watch any of the BMW Films to see him kicking ass.


For Ozymantias/Veidt I instantly thought of Cary Elwes. I mean, c'mon. Everyone knows that the only issue with him would be getting into the physical shape.


For Nite Owl, I chose John Cusack, just because I know he could pull off the role in a somehow less annoying way without compromising the character. He just needs a beer gut.


For Hollis Mason, I immeadiately went with Adam West. Yes, he can play serious stuff too. No, really, he can. I swear.


Finally, for Silk Spectre, I picked Any Brunette With Marginal Acting Skill. I honestly thought she was the worst character next to Nite Owl in the whole series, and therefore do not give a damn.


And that's it! What do you think? Those who know the Watchmen, tell me who you think should be casted in the above (and other, more secondary) roles. If it's long, just email it to me.

Comments

Popular Posts