Things Go Better With Rock

So I was making a CD for my father for Christmas (because even though he's the biggest douche in the universe, he's still my dad) and I decided to go over his mix while playing Halo 2. HOLY SHIT. I don't know how to explain it, but the minute this CD started spinning, I was on a fucking rampage. Especially with the Immigrant Song, my Warthog enemy-smashing skills shot through the roof. It was like I was somehow moving faster. I destroyed vehicles, captured flags, killed people with melee, hijacked vehicles... Hell, I even killed someone with the flag from the passenger seat of a Warthog.

For those of you who might think, "Well maybe you were just on a roll," explain this to me: when I paused it, my skills went back down. I was getting sniped more, I'd get hit my an errant grenade, my accuracy declined. Upon turning it back on, I was beating people to death with the rocket launcher, punching the sniper in the face, jumping over oncoming vehicles (and in the case of the Warthogs, I actually threw grenades under me as I was going over and managed to land it in the passenger seat, killing everyone), and all sorts of other nonsense. I beat a guy who had a sword to death with the flag for Godsakes.

So I know at this point Matt must be asking, "What is this magical mix you speak of? I must have it to rampage with!" Well, I'll tell you:

L.A. Woman by the Doors
Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin
I'm Still In Love With You by Al Green
Break On Through by the Doors
All Shook Up by Elvis
Fire by Jimi Hendrix
Dream On by Aerosmith
Light My Fire by the Doors
Hound Dog by Elvis
Ramble On by Led Zeppelin
Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
Here I Am (Come and Take Me) by Al Green
I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) by The Four Tops
Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix
Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) by Led Zeppelin
The Star Spangled Banner by Jimi Hendrix
Let's Stay Together by Al Green
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by the Righteous Brothers
Riders on the Storm by the Doors
Love Me Tender by Elvis
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis

I don't know what's so fucking magical about this mix, but something about it makes me focus much harder. Can't explain how or why.

Comments

Popular Posts