I Am Jack's Horrible Luck

My luck is horrible; things just seem to fall apart around me. I feel like such a screw up. I've had days of bad luck, but today put the rest of those days to shame. All in all, today had a wierd feeling and nothing seemed to go right.

School wasn't so bad, other than the fact that I'm falling behind. However, that's more because of my lack of work than my bad luck. No, I have the worst luck at my dad's dojo. Let's think back, first, before I go into the unfortunate event that took place tonight. My first experience with misfortune happened when I accidentally cracked the mirror. This event here set off a chain of bad luck that is plauging me today. I see a nice seven years in front of me. The second occassion where my luck proved anything but good, was that day Brittany found that dog. Hannah was there, she remembers. We went to the dojo to give that damn dog some water. However, after all the business with the dog was done and I was relaxing at home, my dad calls and tells me that someone stole all of his things: a laptop, CDs, and some other expensive stuff. I felt like such an idiot, I probably didn't lock the door all the way, which prompted that damn guy to enter and steal all of his stuff. I beat myslef up about that one for a long time.

And now we come to the events of tonight. I got there at about 6:45 to teach the younger kids class. Everything went fine, nothing really special happened. The day started becoming wierd when our class actually started. First, I had a hang nail and a cut under my foot making it hard to walk on. This isn't so big a deal though. I patched it up and just took the pain. However, later in the night, one of the girls in the class gets kicked in the face and cuts up the side of her eye. she's tough though, and class resumed as normal very quickly. Then came the sparring. My first partner, and last for the night, was my buddy Alexis. W e were doing our thing, the normal kicking eachothers' asses, when she back's me up into the window. With a swift kick, she sent me backward.......................right through the window. I felt the window's brief sorry excuse for resistance and felt a crack, glass flew everywhere and rained down on me, I didn't get cut. I kept my place, dumbfounded. A few seconds pass and eveyone is looking at me with shocked expressions on their faces. The first and only words that came out of my mouth were, "Yep, I'm in the window."

That damn window, I swear I barely touched it, but then again, I swear that I locked up that one day my dad's stuff got stolen. I've backed into that window dozens of times and nothing like this has ever happened. I'd like to blame it on bad luck, but I also blame it on my own incompetence.

It's fine though, things like this don't really get me down too much. I tend to look on the bright side. At least from now on I can say that I've been kicked through a window. One of the only things that really pissed me off, however, was the fact that the stupid glass shards didn't give me any cool scars. WHAT THE FUCK! Glass rains down on me and I get nothing. What horrible luck.


PS I've been kicked through a window.

Comments

Popular Posts