Fucking Cowardice 2: The Reprise

Apparently Emily shut down her site because I called her insane for paying $200+ dollars for some Interpol posters. Well, that's only speculation, but her last post consisted of, "I'm obsessed with Interpol so stop judging me" or something to that effect to which I replied "if that's the way you want it, fine, but remember that the highest up fall the farthest." My opinion remains unchanged. I'm a huge fan of Max Payne. But I would not spend two hundred dollars on anything short of ownership over Remedy (the game's creator). You just have to draw a line somewhere, and an unhealthy attachment of that degree just isn't healthy. Especially with Interpol (although this is obviously just my opinion). They try too hard to be artistic with their stuff and end up just being vague and overdone. I like Garbage, but I would stop liking them if they stopped reserving what little they already do. The moment Shirley Manson literally says "I'm a dirty whore that's fucked a million guys but you know you still want me" I will give them up. I don't know what I'm continuing to prattle about here, but I feel like I need to write something before she either confronts me in class tomorrow or I dunno, does something. I've been criticized my whole life and it hasn't stopped me from doing anything, with exception of maybe really stupid things, and even then, rarely. If you can't handle someone calling you on your bullshit, then don't bother having bullshit in the first place. Or something. I guess the real message here is drugs kill and ask yourself what Jesus would do whenever you hear phrases like "I'll give you fifty extra for..." and "Don't be so closed-minded." Stay in school, kids!

It strikes me that Emily probably did what Alyssa did and saved her site template, deleted the original and just started a new one, in which is would have to refer you back to my "fucking cowardice" post for my opinion. I still don't know why people think that hiding from criticism somehow makes it less true. I invite anyone and everyone to criticize everything about me. I always have. And I've always stood by what I've believed in. In defending points you believe in and accepting and rectifying faults that others point out in you, you become a better person. Yes, the Dante Vs. Dante post was long and drawn out, but did it not illustrate this very point? Running away from what he said would have only justified it on a needless, albeit small, level.

Ugh, I am so sick of the female of the species. Fucking politicians they are. Is it so hard to find one that doesn't sugar coat anything, who isn't afraid to just be her? I just want to experience someone isn't afraid to tell me "you're an idiot" for disagreeing and why, not just "you're an idiot." I don't need someone to cater to my emotional needs every time we have a conversation. Not that there's anything wrong with being concerned, but this "afraid to make a decision because it might hurt someone even though I know I must make it and it is inherently hurtful anyway" crap drives me insane. And no, I don't need to fucking go out with this person to appreciate that. I just want to see it. Just once. You know, for a laugh. A no bullshit girl. What a thought.

Comments

Popular Posts