I Formatted My Computer

Yes, that means I have to start from scratch.

I decided not to finish the Hawaii article. I just don't feel like anyone really cares how the last days went. I've kinda forgotten anyway.

Almost everyone knows what happened when I came back from Hawaii, but for those of you who don't, it was pretty fucking horrible. If you're partially in the loop at AHS you'll know that I'm mentioning "The Unmentionable." As it is such, I can give only scant details. Ask the other Bleacher Boys and you'll get less, so what you're getting is it. I had a girlfriend. Her name was Simone. We went out during my participation in the musical Grease. She was an awesome person, someone I could actually talk to. The issue was that she lived on the opposite side of Alameda, and we don't go to the same high school. After the musical, something happened. While I was in Hawaii. Agonizing over what to get her as a souvenir. She tried in a halfass way to beat around the bush the night before in a way that didn't make her look like a whore. If she's reading this and she's offended, all she has to do is look up the word whore and then she will realize that I'm not overreacting, I'm simply stating fact. The next night we talked, she apologized and told me some things that I will not repeat, because unlike certain people, I do still have a sense of honor. It might be small, but it is existent. Let's just leave it at what she said was the equivalent to bringing me to the top of a cliff, and the day after would be the pushing off. I recall the day very clearly. I was with Travis, and we were waiting for her to finish cheer practice at Lincoln park. We BSed for a while about whatever. He talked about Laura, I talked about how people were giving Simone shit before meeting her. If you didn't know, she's 14, which weirds people out. Hey, if you think I go any lower than that, you're wrong. I had to warm up to the idea too. Like I think I said before, she was mature for her age. Anyhow, cheer practice starts winding down and some skater douche walks up to her. Me and Travis wonder if it's Johnny, her creepy ex-boyfriend (well, he was portrayed as creepy by Simone). It's not, but they kiss. Wait, WTF? What follows is the most bizzare thing I've ever experienced. Simone pulls within less than an inch of me, and rubs my hands while basically telling me she's cheating on me. She seriously made this face like she thought I was going to kiss her. Let me take an aside here to give my take on cheating. Cheating is the worst thing you can do. Cowards and whores do it. Period. If you don't want to be with someone, have some respect for them (since they've been with you and invested in you emotionally) and tell them that you don't want to see them anymore. If they are mature, they will understand, even if it's an eventual process. If they aren't, then who cares. Anyhow, the dialogue went about like this:

"I'm seeing another guy."
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"It means I'm cheating on you."
"So then, all that shit on the phone yesterday was you...talking out of your ass?"
"It's my decision."
"Thanks for clarifying. For a second I thought I decided you should cheat on me."

Of course, she didn't catch that last one, since I guess she thinks that walking quickly away from a guy who could kill her and her sissy douche boyfriend on wheels is wise. Not that I would ever do that, but I'm making the point that if girls break up like this, they should not be surprised at all when their medical insurance rate goes up. Travis stood transfixed, as if she had said it to him. You see, something really bizzare happened. I didn't feel a thing at all; I didn't give a damn that such a skanky whore tried in vain to break me. For some reason, I was just completely impervious. See, in the back of my head I saw it coming. It wasn't a shock. A 14 year old is not subtle. Travis, on the other hand, paled with shock. He really REALLY wanted to see some ass beat, and he was willing to see it taken out of Simone or the New Douche. We just stood for at least 30 seconds in shock. Well, Travis was in shock, I was indifferent. We had to run and catch up with them. I said one thing to Simone: "No more."

Now, this may seem like a lot of info, but this is not what makes Simone an Unmentionable. It's what happened afterwards when I talked with her ex and her best friend. The information that I learned, while ending up being only partially true, was shocking nonetheless, to say the least. I won't divulge any further than this: when I went home, the first thing I did was shower her off of me. Then I washed the jacket that I let her borrow over my vacation (which she probably wore while she cheated on me) and gave the necklace I bought for her to Lucio.

I've probably said too much, and thus this is the last post that will ever even mention the Unmentionable. Needless to say, under perfect world conditions I wouldn't touch her with someone else's hand. Ever. I'd rather invest my time in someone worth investing time in. As I think I've mentioned before, I'm a pretty hopeless romantic, and for some reason with her I never wanted to be one at all. And that, as you may or not be able to tell, is a serious issue for me. Jesus, I'm such a fucking sucker for girls that have some kind of issue. Something about being there for someone when no one else will be appeals to me greatly. I want to be that person who catches X when everyone else is getting out of the way. I mean, my God, I was attracted to Rebecca, although I suppose I never really told anyone what her real issues were, snce as I said, I'm a man of at least small dignity. But girls like Simone don't want to be caught. They'd rather fall in the most horrifying way possible, because it's the attention of the world they want, not the contention of their own hearts. Anyway, Simone made her bed, and she can lie in it with as many guys as she wants, but I will never be one of them. That's what whores do, I suppose.


But before we never speak of this again, I have one last parting thing I have to say:

Simone, don't ever use the word love again until you know what it means.

Comments

Popular Posts