Because I Can

I know I said the topic was moot after my last post, but in Creative Writing I we had to write a poem about someone, and this is what I wrote. I swear to God I wrote this off the top of my head, which is why only some of it rhymes. Please note that this is a repost since the first one got deleted, so if you posted a comment, post again.

It's Going To Be Okay
Sitting on my bed today
I realized it's going to be okay.

It's going to be okay
Even if I don't finish this hand of Solitaire
Even if I throw the deck
And later clean it up in silent anger,
Because it's time I played someone else's game.

It's going to be okay
If I can't finish lunch today
Even if my friends say
I haven't eaten in a week
And I can't hold a thought to forget you.

It's going to be okay
Even if I slam down the phone and pray
That you won't exist tomorrow
Because I still remember when the grass was greener.

It's going to be okay
Because I can pull through the pain
Even if you still have sway
I'll forget your name tomorrow.

It's going to be okay
Even though there's Hell to pay
Because I'm not the one footing the bill
And I'm finished climbing up your hill.

But I worry for you since they
Lined up at your door
With hungry eyes
Wanting more.

For you, it might not be okay
But you've forgotten your name anyway
And it seems no matter what I say
Come what may
You don't care if I'll be okay
And for that matter, yourself either.

So even though you've set on fire
Everything that you desire
I'm just going to sigh into the phone
And tell you it'll be okay, Simone.

Comments

Popular Posts