Hawaii: The Experience (Part 2 of 5)

Today, I decided to wake up at 5:30 AM. That's because for some reason, I wanted to know what Hawaii looked like at...5:30 in the morning. Guess what it looks like? Overcast and grey, exactly like Alameda. I'm so pissed off that I go back to bed for another 3 or 4 hours. I wake up and have some breakfast. I just can't eat it for some reason. Everyone but me decides to go to the pool and ocean again. Unlike me, they didn't learn their lesson from the first time. Me and my stepdad went to the store, and joked about Paul Frank (you know, the monkey crap that girls will pull money out of their ass to get). My sister is sunburned, so we have to make a tea bath. And iced tea bath. Don't ask, I don't know. While they set up the bath, I sat at the laptop I'm sitting at now and setup everything for posting at my forums and for this site, obviously. That took a good 4 hours of my time out, as I surfed the net. Yes, I know it's Hawaii. Did you even read my first post? It's not as great as Hawaii wishes you to believe.

Dinner time approaches. By that I mean it's around 5ish and we decide it's time to go to the mall. We walk aimlessly for half an hour, because that's what my family does when they are hungry. We finally go to this place culled Moose McGillyCutty's or something like that. I get a gourmet burger. If you were unaware, gourmet is French for "shitty". Actually, the burger wasn't bad, it was how the burger decided to settle. But that's another, less interesting (and less appetizing) story. We eat, we walk around. The natives are getting high in plain sight. I guess pot laws are less stringent down here. We do enter the gallery of an artist named Vladimir Kush. Let me tell you right now: his work is fucking amazing. I suggest you Google him as soon as you're done reading this and check out some of his stuff, because it is incredible. One thing I also have to observe about Hawaii is that if you have a pickup truck,you also by default have at least three Simoans sitting in the back, smoking and/or drinking with sunglasses on. Yes, all three. Anyhow, before we left, we went into a clothing store (Quicksilver or something). Here's where the terrible Hawaiian music I was telling you about makes a comeback. The lyrics to this incredibly wannabe bohemian shit was as follows:

Hawaii is so pretty,
So very pretty,
Pretty like Hawaii,
*Hawaiian rapping to beatboxing*

Do you see a trend forming here? They can't think of fucking lyrics, so they take one line and see how many different ways they can say it. In a really slow, nonchalant kind of way that pisses me off. ARGH! Of course the next song was even worse, so bad in fact that my mind forcibly stopped listening. When the opening line was,"Likey Likey, I think I like you," that was it. If I listened any longer, I would have killed myself. We finally went home, and nothing has really happened since, besides the fact that I made this and the last post.

I hope Hawaii doesn't continue down this path, because I didn't fly a fucking plane to listen to shitty music and wish I was with Simone. If I wanted that, I would go to a Al Green concert. Just kidding, I'd give Al Green my soul if he so desired. Anyhow, We'll see how tomorrow is, since I have to go to a luau. If the past two days is any indication, the only positive to this trip will be that I brought my Garbage CDs.

ARGH!

Comments

Popular Posts