Off The Emo Train, Goddamnit

Back to business. So I got a job, as you know. I got Dalder to go down too and fill out an application. Anyhow, I saw this French movie last night, The Man on the Train (L'homme Du Train). Now, I'm not particularly a fan of foreign films, or the French to be honest. But this was, I have to admit, a thought provoking and good movie. It's about an old man who is nearing the end of his life, and looking back with regret on all the normal things he did, never doing what he wanted but rather, what was expected of him. Coming to his town is a man on a train who turns out to be an aging bank robber who is sick of the back and forth of criminal life and just wants to be normal. The bank robber meets him in a pharmacy, and the old man let's him stay at his house because the hotel is closed. At first their interactions are very short-lived; bank robber doesn't want to talk much. The bank robber is in town for one last deal before he retires, and he isn't even sure about it. The old man discovers his guns and, instead of being terrified, is excited by the man. It is also revealed that the old man is having major surgery on his heart, and may not live past the operation. Anyhow, I don't want to give any more away, because I want you to rent the movie. Just go to Video Maniacs or something. One thing I have to say is you have to pay attention and make observations about the characters the entire time. You won't understand every thing that is going on until the end, and even then it leaves you with an ending that is totally up to your interpretation. We both know there is a time where you have two hours free anyway, so do yourself a favor and watch this movie. Remember some of you that I urged you to watch Memento, and you saw how that turned out. So take my word for it here.

Comments

Popular Posts