Finally....

I did it. I finally filmed a Happy Pill, put it on a computer, and edited it. Done. A small void in my life has finally been filled. I know this may sound strange, but Happy Pills was once a regret that I had. At least it FELT like one. I don't know why. Happy Pills is something me and Lucio came up with in middle school. I named it that because I am a crack head, and I/we decided (me and Lucio) that we would be equal creators of these little "sketches" I suppose. Of course, we integrate everyone's ideas, but originaly, It was mostly up to me and Lucio. I learned that Andrew was a really good filmer immediately once we started. First we started with my dads big ass VHS video camera. It rests on your shoulder and one has to put a friggin' VHS tape in it. I know, amazing. That thing is tough as a mother fucker for a camera and took good picture. That was our beginning. Than Andrew bought a camera out of nowhere, and we filmed with his. That was fun. Sometime later I convinced my dad I should get a camera of my own. It was really expensive digital camera. It's still pretty good, for it's league (without spending 1500 dollars). It did all kinds of stuff, night vision, fantastic zoom, good shit. We filmed like mad on it and did some crazy pimp Happy Pills. They were so freakin' funny. Eventually this camera started to break down (my dads is over 15 years old...Easily) and eventually could hardly play back most of my tapes. Including the Happy Pills. We eventually stopped filming more and more and than just halted. Now to the point. I know I may sound like a melancholy little puss, but yeah, It took something out of me. I treasured my camera and it just broke down. I guess it made me feel like I wasn't responsible enough to own that kind of equipment. Lucio firmly believes we were easy on the camera, but the camera is telling me otherwise. I've always had a passion for filming, and I felt like I took away my own opportunities. I don't even want to get into what I spent getting that thing fixed, which ultimately did nothing. I don't know. Whenever someone asked about Happy Pills, wanted to watch them, or asked about why I didn't do them anymore, I just felt bad. I must be fucking crazy. I just get a bad feeling in my stomach when I think about how the whole thing went down went away. I guess mainly it's because all the good footage, the effort, and the camera turned to shit and went down the drain. Another thing is that my dad paid for that camera and I feel like he invested in me using it. He even spent a bunch of money making the downstairs computer compatible with Fire Wire and extra hard drive space and USB so I could put it to use. There is nothing down there. Its like your parents buying you a new super badass guitar with a premium amp and you breaking it or just quitting. I don't know, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me rant. Anyways, I have a new, nearly ten minute movie done. It doesn't have music, and it could use a little bit of tweaking and second opinions, but by god, I have it on my computer, scenes cut out, edited back together, and the shots are sliding from beginning to end. I am so fucking excited it feels like being at Lincon again. Except I have my own computer. Im ready to film up a storm and show everyone. Who's with me!?





im such a dumbass.



Seriously, thanks for the rant space. Let me know who wants to get involved in my movies. Besides the obvious.

Comments

Popular Posts