Disturbed

I watched Man on the Train for the second time, it's Just as good on the small screen. This movie is incredible. I caught a lot more symbolism watching it the second time, I wouldn't be surprised this becomes a movie that is studied in film school. I can't help to love these kinds of movies. What the hell are they, what genre? The movie seems like a character study. This type of movie is interesting not because of the sex, violence, or particularly the hilarity, but awesome because it seems like life. It's like the movie My dinner with Andre, which 99% of the movie took place in a restaurant where two men talked, or like the movie, Station Agent (another film with train symbolism) about a dwarf who moves to a new town after inheriting a trains' station. That movie was great too, an indie film. I've always loved these kinds of movies, been watching them for a while. As I'm sure you all know, the meaning of a film is not always spoon fed to you. The Man on the Train is a must. I wish more people would watch these kinds of films. It's interesting from beginning to end, with the audience watching two strangers become each other. It must have been very hard to make. It's not full of 3D effects, but is is filled with many subtleties in the filming, the lighting is never natural, always hued in a different color, has a great soundtrack, heavy on sound in general, and is always setting a mood. Needles to say the acting is phenomenal. I guess I really have no POINT in writing this, Im just satisfying the urge.
Speaking of making a film, the bleacher boys have made great progress in producing small movies. We are almost done with our first movie, the horror/comedy that is called A Mike Myers Evening. It's basically me getting stalked and killed by horror icon Mike Myers(played by Brian in a mask) and continues on to the rest of Mike Myers' evening. We have added more scary music to the beginning half of the film along with a title. Fixed a few things here and there and mostly just worked with sound. We started making another film on Friday and got a surprising amount done. We filmed about what I believe will be half of the entire movie. I think. Then captured it onto my computer and made initial beginning to end editing all in the same day. It's supposed to be a corny Kung-Fu spoof starring Matt(Dr. Sushi) and Andrew(Cock-Ling). All I have to say is that fight scenes are harder to produce than they look. Or do they look hard to make? The point is it was time consuming, but fun as hell to be a part of. The hand/kicking fighting were filmed in an almost normal speed and sped up in editing. Than we filmed a well coyagraphed sword fight with Matt's very cool swords. This acted out much slower. We speed it up four times its normal speed and it looked bad and good at the same time, in my opinion. We are going to have to mute most of it, and dubb in the cheesy lines over the mouth movement. I have a suggestion for this site. I would like to add in a Happy Pills section on our page. It would just be a list of our movies and a description of them, hopefully with some pictures of the described movie. Like a small gallery. The same way Dante did with pics of his room. I think it would be good because im putting our website in our credits. And Dante, I would really like it if you would come over one day and film with us. I think you would bring a imagination to our movie. You sure did help a lot with that one assignment last year. So yeah, don't be such a stranger. Thanks for the rant space. - Mad Dave Flint

Comments

Popular Posts