Rebirth Update

So I'm still working on Rebirth. So far, there are four groups (one who is only seen through the eyes of the other three) and they are Vicious/Spike and Monika, David Parker and Faye Valentine, Mikhail, Ivan, and Joseph, and Harvey. At this point I've not decided where to go with Vicious and Monika's relationship. That's up in the air, and I'll know it when I write it, bottom line. Don't count on anything developping between Faye and David; I find that one highly unlikely. Mikhail and the hitcrew will probably remain as they are personality wise for the rest of the story. Harvey is the real enigma factor here; I've made some more general decisions about his character. He's a lot more Grey Fox than I originally intended, but I think in this case I can work that out rather well. There are still many plot twists yet to be revealed; I've found more than a few bombs to drop on Vicious and Parker. The thing I love about writing Rebirth is that I don't formulate it ahead of time; I get a few ideas for future plot events, sure, but for the most part what comes out of my mind while I'm typing is what ends up on the page. There's no preparation; I don't tell myself, "this is where I want to be in X pages" or "this is when I'm going to show the reader more". Every bit of conversation in the entire thing has been spoken in my ears. Bear with me on this one. I didn't think about the dialogue, not once. I just sat down and let it come to me. In that sense, I'm the only one who knows what Parker, Chief, Monika, and even Mikhail sound like. Even Vicious sounds a little different in my ears; remember that he isn't the brash, 'I art the slayer of the Lord' guy he was in the series. In that sense, the dialogue you here is real; I didn't make it up. I was there, pad and pencil, seeing it all. Some of the plot twists I've come up with even surprise myself (watching movies like Memento, The Usual Suspects, and Matchstick Men [just to name a few] have inclined me in that direction). For instance, I didn't even know Shin was still alive until I wrote his first line. The only real way to write well for me is not to create it, but rather to experience and record it. While some locales like Mars take little imagination (it was shown quite a bit in the series), others like the planet of Chiron VII cannot just be created. You have to realize that it's already there; however, the only ship taking you there is your imagination. I know that sounds corny, but for me at least, it's as real as anything on Earth. But I digress. I still haven't decided on an ending, I realize now that while I started writing this long before I got Knights of the Old Republic, the stories are VERY Similar. Vicious is very much in Revan's shoes. The onyl difference here is that Vicious isn't so clearly good/evil as Revan could be. Neither you nor I will know who he really is until the very end. But I promise you that I'm very much on the verge of action, and lots of it.

SCHWAH!

Comments

Popular Posts