Return of ...

First off, there won't be a schism in the group. Me and Traivs don't actually hate each other. This is one of our so-called antler-butting incidents. I don't take this website seriously enough to throw a friendship away for it...err...again.

Secondly, how can you lead a life of meaning when you're going to school? You don't have time to live. I know how you feel, because that's why I'm going to Island. I neglected schoolwork so I could go out and experience life. You are who you are, and that doesn't have to matter to anyone but you. Who cares if you do anything good? Most people in history books are famous for hurting, not helping. You have a one in sixty-million chance of having your name in history books (I got that from Snapple, so it must be true). Chances are neither you nor me nor any we know will really but a permanent mark on this world. No one, not even Hitler, has. Like ours, his effects fade with time. But I ask you this: why do you need a reason to live. Isn't life reason enough? Remember that reason doesn't exist outside of the world that we make. So how can you factor reason into something that's older than sense itself? There doesn't have to be anything there. You were born to live, not to be remembered. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. You don't really need friends, political ideals, or anything like that. All you need is joy and anger. Happiness and acceptance. Pain and fear. Because that's all life really is.

Comments

Popular Posts