Passion of The Christ

So I just saw it.

Damn.

It was beyond brutality. I can't begin to describe to you the horrors of the punishment Jesus received. Chained to a pole. Beat with whips. After the whips were done, they got whips with claws. They beat him even harder. For 5-7 mintues. Then they flipped him onto his now-hamburger-resembling back and beat him on the front. Kick him. Spit on his wounds. Smash a crown of thorns into his temples. Hit the crown with a hammer. Spit in his eyes and mouth again. Dragged him across gravel in nothing but his loincloth (post-beating). Made him carry a crucifix that two strong men would struggle to carry. Pushed him down staircases. It got so bad someone else had to carry it for him. They still beat him relentlessly. Finally, they reached the summit of where he was to be crucified. They nailed his left hand into the cross. They broke his right arm so it would stretch and reach the right side. Hammered his ankles in. Flipped the cross upside-down and pushed his tattered body into yet more gravel. Bent the nails so they wouldn't come out. Hung him. Threw rocks at him. Spat in disgust as he forgave them. Watched him die. Then Cassius (one of the soldiers) stabbed him in the ribs with a spear to ensure that he was dead.

If you think words are description enough, you are wrong. I couldn't watch the beatings when they took out the claws and edged whips. It was just too much. Same with the hammering of the nails. It was a good movie. But it was very intense.

Very intense.

Anyhow, that whole experience (yes, it was definitely an experience) was very draining for me. I already had a bad day, and this was just too much. Yes, this movie actually made me cry. How could you be human and not cry at such an atrocity? The only other time I've ever cried watching a movie was Schindler's List, and that's because my grandfather was a Jew (though he was in America during the war). The idea that someone could hate that much is overwhelming to me. Forget the question of whether he's really the son of God or not. No one deserves the wrath inflicted upon that man. Not even Hitler (well, that's actually debatable). It was just so wrong.It was literally humanity at the deepest of lows. That was the most evil humans could hope to fall to. It was vile, disgusting, unbelievable. And this is coming from someone who doesn't blink twice at a Tarantino flick. The spilt blood of innocence and evil cast two very different emotions on me. I was ready to see every single bastard that was involved in killing Christ burn in Hell. But he forgave them. Why? That's all I can really ask myself. Could I have done that? Could I have been so selfless as to love those who wanted nothing but my suffering and death? Could anyone? I can see why the liberals are up in a huff about people seeing this. Because it's disturbing, and if you're not too blind to hate Mel Gibson or the Jews or whatever, then what you do see is worse. You see yourself.

HASH(0x88be798)
I'm a Bastard Poster.


Forums-Poster-Type
brought to you by Quizilla

Comments

Popular Posts