BackBackLash (I'll Just Call It Clarification)

Wow. That's a wow on two fronts. Let me break this down into to two sections.

First off Travis, I have to say wow. You handle criticism like a child. I used your post as an example yes, but as Lucio said, I'm talking to everyone. I know that I have done it in the past. I was using the past as an example of what not to do in the future. Don't do what my sister does and assume that because you hear your name that I'm stabbing you in between the eyes. I thought I made it abundantly clear that that was not, in fact, what I was doing. I have to say your comment hasn't angered me in the least; it's really just disappointed me. I try my best to maintain an atmosphere of equality in the writing staff here, but as Lucio and Oxie have made clear (in different points of time), it is ultimately my site. This doesn't mean that I'm dictating your opinion, and I'm NOT TELLING YOU TO WRITE ANY DIFFERENTLY. I'm asking you to. I don't expect to control you just because this is my site; I honestly don't see it that way. It's our site. This doesn't mean you don't have to show some Goddamned respect. I'm not even talking about me; you're indignant to anyone who tries to right you when you're going the wrong direction. If you can't criticize yourself before all, you can't criticize anyone.

Secondly, wow to Lucio. That was, well, beautiful. You managed to say exactly what I meant to. I'm glad that I at least got my message across successfully to at least one person. I just read that whole thing with a smile; you're absolutely right about everything there. Just because I wrote some seriously...depressing entries doesn't mean that I want the site to take an deathly tone forever and ever. I just happened to write a sad story in a tone I think is more appropriate is all. I'm not saying take this site seriously; I'm saying take it more seriously than you are (this is a message to everyone..it's sad that I have to type this in). As I said before, it's not like I'm pissed off at people writing things like Travis did. I'd just prefer if people wrote how they felt and thought with more care. I'm just sick of seeing people's outside as you said Lucio; I want to see the inside for a change. I'm glad you understand that (although I find it ironic that of all people to get it, you're the one who updates the least).

Anyhow, my feelings haven't really changed. I'm not trying to force you to write more seriously and care about your words. I'm just asking you to. The last thing I want to do is dominate anyone's will. Then I'd be no better than our president.

Comments

Popular Posts