Sorry ladies, but I'm not back yet. Dante here, in the computer lab. I just got back from a vacation to Disneyland/Universal Studios and let me say bleh. Disneyland was okay. Space Mountain was closed (motherfuckers), as was Thunder Mountain Railroad. They've implemented a "Fast Pass" system, in which you stick your ticket into a slot (meh heh eh) which gives you a tiny little slip of paper. This lets you cut the line in about three hours ahead of the time you got it. For example, get one at 7 AM and cut at 10 AM. While this system was great (I passed a two hour Indiana Jones line and a four hour [no, I'm not kidding] Splash Mountain line), they didn't implement this system for possibly the most important ride in all of existence: The Matterhorn. So, as the line reached a whopping six hour waiting limit and looped around the entire mountain a total of four times, I got to ride Peter fucking Pan and his magical faggy boat adventure. The line for that was and hour and a half. After leaving Disneyland with nothing but a Jack Skellington beanie (I was cold Goddamnit!), I took the hour long bus ride to Universal Studios, Hollywood. The bus driver was hilarious. Anyways, when we got there, we got on the first ride you are supposed to - The Mummy Returns Horrifyingly Lame Crypt of Bad Acting. After that mishap, I took the tour of the studios. A piece of advice - don't EVER take the fucking tour. My bus driver was the most annoying asshole ever crafted by man or beast. He shrieked, he made bad jokes.......the Japanese tourists love him. No, I'm not kidding, they laughed the whole way. Anyways, we then proceded to the Back to the Future ride of.....something.

Anyhow, does anyone notice the TagBoard is fucked up? Well, next we went on Shrek 4-D. It's one of those 3D glasses rides, and to tell the truth, it was really cool. Except for the hour long wait in line we had because the doors were jammed. Goddamnit. Anyhow, after that, I got on Terminator 2:3D. I have to say this ride was particularly well done. The waiting room had a sign that talked to the audience, which was semi amusing, followed by an introduction from the most flaky woman I've ever seen (she was doing it intentionally). Then, we sat in our seats, and cyborgs appeared from the walls and "demonstrated their abilities". After that, Sarah and John Conner (watch the movie damnit) came down and set bombs or something. Then The T-1000 shot out of the screen and killed the flaky woman. Just as he was about to kill the mother and child, an Arnie lookalike bursts through the screen on a motorcycle and caps the mutha with a shotgun blast. The, they ride through a 'time warp' into the screen, where the real Arnold and John Connor do a movie like presentation. It was top notch for a ride in my opinion. After that, My mom asked the most horrible thing I've ever heard: "Do you want to see Spiderman: The Rock and Roll Musical?" No. Spiderman is my God, damnit. How dare they blasphemize him. Anyways, I didn't go on the Jurassic Park ride (WAAAAY TOO LONG A LINE), so we went to see how special effects were made, and how they did the fire effects in Backdraft. That in particular was amazing. As soon as I get the pictures developped, you can see the shot I got of the door exploding. It was awesome. Anyways, we left Universal after all that and went to the shopping center adjacent to the Studios. It was a massive, light-orgasm of shops, including (but not limited to) Hot Topic, Sam Goody, Starbucks, a zillion clothing stores, and exotic (well, not really) food places up the wazoo. Hot Topic has always made me laugh in particular. It really proves that you can turn anything, even punk culture, into a cash cow. Anyhow, that was the trip, and hopefully I'll soon have pictures.

And will someone fix the TagBoard? ARGH!

Comments

Popular Posts