Sigh.

All I ask is that the opinions of all be respected on this site. You don't have to agree with anyone, because we're all insane. I can see this God debate thing going way out of hand. So here's my two cents.

The Bible is a bunch of stories. It isn't a book that says "believe in God or we will rape you". It's how the Church has interpreted the Bible that is fucked up. Let's just get one thing straight - I believe in God. But it's on my own terms. I'm not asking you to just as much as you're not telling me not to. The Church is a bunch of hypocritical bullshit. Don't let those backwood, decaying assed child molestors tell you otherwise. I find it interesting that there is evidence that Jesus said the body is a temple. This, if you don't grasp it, is basically a way of saying that we don't need a Church, and I dead on agree with that.

I've never really used God as an excuse to do anything. I never bring up beliefs about God with my friends, because what is the point? I've had my own personal revelations, just like everyone else has. What you choose to believe is part of who you are. Just because a book about God isn't totally accurate does not mean by any standards that He does not exist. That isn't to say that He does either. The bottom line is that it doesn't really matter if He does or not; He's just one of the many ideals that shape who we are mentally and spiritually. Do you want to know why I believe in God? Personal experience. I've come so far within a family so fucked up, there must be a God. My father was a die hard cocaine addict. Once he lost custody of me, he decided to marry a gullible rich lady and have a kid with her. She busted her ass to get him off of the crack, and what did he do? He became, and still is, a die hard alcoholic. The entropy that comes from my father's side of the family is disgusting. Of course, after she blew loads of money on his ass to get him back to life and society, he cheats on her and divorces. Now he's on to his next money filled wife, and has a whopping SEVEN CHILDREN. His dad is honestly the black sheep of his family. He's the only straightforward man I've ever met over there. My dad's mom? A Bible thumping diehard abusive Christian. She has a four foot tall Jesus painting adorning her fireplace. My mother on the other hand, did not have the fortune of meeting her father. He was a pureblood Spainiard, and basically told her over the phone that she wasn't good enough for him. She has never seen nor sought after him since. But how about my mother's mother? She was awesome. Until she passed away from FUCKING CANCER. Now tell me how it is that I came from an alcoholic drug abuser and a mentally scarred and overworked bartender and somehow didn't end up shooting up the school or offing myself?

A fucking miracle.

But I digress. That's why I believe in God, but I'm willing to bet your experience has been nothing like mine. The idea behind the religion is that God gave us the choice to believe in him or not. And I'm exercising my fucking rights.

Comments

Popular Posts